Trains and special event trains for the Montreux Jazz Festival.
You will find all information here for the outward and return journeys for the Montreux Jazz Festival from 3 to 18 July 2015.
Take the train to the Montreux Jazz Festival and you travel to Montreux stress-free and with no parking problems. SBB is deploying numerous regular trains with more seats for the journey there, as well as various special event trains for the return journey. You will find timetables for the special event trains and valuable travel tips here. You can also purchase the special train ticket online.
- Open-air events & festivals
Special event trains/timetables
Tip: travel smart!
Seats at the very front of the train: In the long-distance trains there are usually seats free in the front compartments.
Special event trains.
Transfer from Montreux station.
From Montreux station, you can reach the festival site in around 5 minutes on foot.
Due to the concerts ending late, after 11.00 p.m., it is not possible to reach all parts of the country and connections with public transport. You can find information on the best connections in the online timetable prior to the festival and you can plan a night in the hotel or with friends if necessary.
|Event||Montreux Jazz Festival|
|Organiser||Montreux Jazz Festival Foundation|
|Concert venues||Auditorium Stravinski
Montreux Jazz Club
Montreux Jazz Lab
|Free concerts||Music in the Park (from 1.00 p.m.)
The Rock Cave (from 9.00 p.m.)
|Night clubs (free)||The Studio
Aftershows Montreux Jazz Club (Jam Sessions)
Aftershows Montreux Jazz Lab after the concerts
|Dates||From 3 to 18 July 2015|
|Programme||From 16 April 2015, you will find the programme for the 49th Montreux Jazz Festival at
Information and tips.
- To plan your travel: timetable
- Transfer: from Montreux train station, 5 minutes on foot
- Ticket counters opening hours at the Montreux railway station from 3 to 18 July 2015: until 01.15 a.m. in the nights from Sunday/Monday to Wednesday/Thursday; until 02.10 a.m. in the nights from Thursday/Friday to Saturday/Sunday.
- Offer is wheelchair accessible.
- Info: www.montreuxjazz.com
Special ticket for the Montreux Jazz Festival.
You can purchase a special train ticket for the Montreux Jazz Festival. This train ticket is valid up to 5.00 a.m. on the day following the date printed on the ticket. Price examples: 2nd class, in CHF.
Zurich main station
Offer valid: 3 to 18 July 2015.
- The national train ticket is valid for several days, depending on the distance (until 5 a.m. the next morning)
- On the Mobilis regional network the offer is valid for 1 day (until 5 a.m. the next morning).
- The train ticket is also available for 1st class.
- Ticketcorner charges an order fee for purchasing tickets at the advance booking points, which depends on the value of the order, and is the same at all advance booking points.
- The event ticket prices are depending on the concert and seat category.
The price examples are calculated for the usual routing.
Prices include VAT. Prices and product specifications subject to modifications. Prices effective:
1 March 2015.
In accordance with the applicable statutory provisions, the licensed carriers shall assume liability for any damage in connection with their operations. Any further liability is excluded.
Information for sales:
OR art. no. 8542
Mobilis art. no. 9946
You can obtain the special train ticket for the “Montreux Jazz Festival”:
- In SBB Ticket Shop
- From the Rail Service Helpdesk 0900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min. from the Swiss fixed-line network).
- At most ticket machines (from 1 June 2015).
- At railway station ticket counters (opening hours).
Please note: You can only obtain this special ticket at the points of sale given above.
You can obtain event tickets: